Background Check Information
State mandated background checks: In addition to the annual Little League mandatory back checks for all volunteers, the Pennsylvania State Legislature has a law that all persons having repetitive contact with children have the following clearances, criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services. Additionally, a fingerprint based federal criminal history (FBI) submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent is required if the position the volunteer is applying for is a paid position; and the volunteer has lived outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the last 10 years.
- Click here for a fact sheet concerning the new law.
- Click here for Volunteer FAQ.
- Click here for letter from State Representative Dan Moul.
If you have been a PA resident for at least 10 years:
- You must complete a New Volunteer Form or a Returning Volunteer Form (only if you volunteered LAST season)
- You must provide a copy of your driver’s license
- You must complete and submit a printed copy of your background check through Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History – https://epatch.state.pa.us/
- You must complete and submit a printed copy of your PA Child Abuse History Clearance through the Child Welfare Portal – https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- You must complete and submit a printed copy of the Background Check signature form.
If you have not been a PA resident for 10 years you must complete #1-5 above as well as the following:
- You must complete a fingerprint based federal criminal history (FBI) submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent – https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pdeNew.htm
You can email the forms to email@example.com or mail them to my home address:
402 Blueberry Drive
Duryea, PA 18642